Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Ruralness (Wordful Wednesday)

I live in a rural small southern town.  Around here most meals contain some sort of fried chicken, the tea is always cold and sweet and the crickets sing lullabies on warm summer nights.  When I was younger I used to dream about leaving here and never looking back.  I said to myself and maybe out loud to a few friends, that I was going as far away from here as possible.  I wasn't exactly sure where I wanted to go but that didn't matter much at the time.  I had all these plans and as you know when you start making plans for yourself....life happens. And as those life happenings came to be.....I fell in love in high school and married that wonderful man!!!  I know it sounds cliche to grow up in a small town and marry your high school sweetheart but that was my life and despite all my planning.....God's plan ultimately wins in the end.  I am now where my heart has lead me and couldn't be happier.  I am able to stay home with my three boys and welcome home every night this wonderful man that I am privileged to call my husband.  He truly is a Godsend because I don't know many people who could share a home with me and survive!!  Now I wouldn't trade this small town for any big city.  My family is close by and my children know their grandparents well.  


So, as I close, remember that when you start making all these plans.....life will come along right smack dab in the middle and we never know where it may lead us....now, someone pass me that chicken.

1 comment:

  1. Great post and worded very well. I am too from a small town and my plans were the same as yours. My life went differently than planned. I did move from the small town chasing my dreams. I moved to a BIG town and lived there for 6 years. I remember every detail and smell of the big town. I didn't smell the fields that were growing soy beans or whatever the local farmers had planted. I also could not lay on the ground at night in the pitch black at look at the dark sky full of bright stars for miles and miles. I have moved from this town to a smaller town. Although this is not the town I grew up in I love me new small town! In this small town I met my husband and we have a beautiful son who I am blessed to be able and stay home with him. Great post, you made me remember my past in a great way =)

    ~KM
    BLOG~ SAHMingitontheplains.blogspot.com
    TWITTER~ @CMsmommy

    ReplyDelete

 
© 2011 Designs by Dana