Thursday, January 13, 2011

Who Hit the Fast Forward Button

I remember when I was a little girl it seemed to take ages for the school year to pass, Christmas or my birthday to come, and days took ages to pass.  I used to dream about becoming a teenager, getting married, kids, and turning 30.  All those things came and went and with each passing year, milestone or heartbreak it feels as if someone has hit the fast forward button on life.  My oldest son will soon be 8 years old.  It just seems surreal.  The next isn't but 13 months younger.  They are turning into big little men right before my eyes.  Isaac even made the comment the other day that he was going to pray for a wife. WIFE! That is a word that I hope I have quite a few more years before they are part of the present tense. Then again those years will only seem like mere weeks when they arrive.  The baby I had last week is now 5 months old ( in 3 days). I love my boys and I love to watch them grow. I hope I am blessed enough to see them grow into men with families of their own.  I hope this year is filled with much adventure, happiness, and love.  Hug the ones you love and cherish each moment because unfortunately though there does seem to be a fast forward button, there is no pause or rewind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2011 Designs by Dana