Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I Have Three Sons

I have three sons.  I am not having any more children.  The third child was not an attempt to gamble with mother nature to "try" and have a girl.  I know people mean well and don't necessarily mean to offend me when they ask if we were trying to have a girl as if there is some magic way to hold your mouth or some words to recite that will result in procreating a female human.  It just gets annoying sometimes.  I am extremely thankful that God decided to bless me with three boys and wouldn't have it any other way.  I think that maybe saying I wanted a girl would be like saying I didn't want my son(s).  Would I like to have a girl and be able to do all the girly things, sure!  So, should we have had a fourth child and it turned out to be a girl, I would be elated, same as if it were another boy.  


If we could have financially afforded to have more children I may have given the Duggar's a run for their money in the baby having department.  However we do not have a live, flourishing money tree in our back yard  and I am getting old not as young as I once was :).  


I hope one day to be a wonderful mother-in-law to my son's future wives. But this is fair warning to those said future wives....I will have years of pent up frilly, girly, things to get out and you will be my outlet!!


So, with that being said. I love my boys and all too soon my house will go from being "boy filled" to being filled with men.  And as my husband laughingly says, "God knew I could only handle one woman".  Guess he was probably right!!

1 comment:

  1. Found you through Rage Against the Washing Machine and am going to have to follow you! I think we have a lot in common!
    Enjoy those boys, because they turn into men all too quickly. I'm also a mom of 3 boys (who are men now: they range in age from 22 to 16). Oh, and I'm also afraid of the dark! :D

    ReplyDelete

 
© 2011 Designs by Dana