Sunday, March 20, 2011

I Am a Mean Mommy

I love my children.  I love living every day listening to the sounds of their laughter and seeing them thoroughly enjoying their childhood.  I don't really give them every single thing they ask for spoil them too much.  I think if they did receive everything the asked for they really wouldn't appreciate it much.  However recently I have been told by those said lovey children that life is sooo unfair and that they never get anything and no one cares.  Well, I'd be lying if I said these whiny complaints didn't make me want to bust out the smack down right then and there.  But also deep in my heart these comments make me feel like they have a huge knife stuck right into my heart and they are agitating it every minute with each of those remarks much like the twisting and turning of a washing machine.  I try really hard to make sure they feel loved.  My husband and I as well as their grandparents spend a great deal of time playing with the kids, watching movies and various things.  They have so many toys that the playroom is junked over flowing with things to play with. Heck, they even have a playroom to begin with.  My playroom as a child was the confines of the room that I also slept in or the yard and I turned out just fine.  I think kids today lack imagination and they are used to all these techy gadgets to come up with ideas for them.  I mean we could play for hours just in the dirt alone with rocks for shovels.  I know they probably don't really mean the things that they say sometimes.  I also tend to forget what may seem like simple things that don't really matter to me may just be the end of the world for a 6 or 7 year old.


On the flip side I am so grateful that they are just worried that they don't have the latest video game or the coolest new toy that just came out and they don't know some of the harsh realities of other children who worry if they are going to have food on the table or if their parent(s) are going to beat them to death this go 'round. 


So , I can go to sleep tonight knowing I love my children and deep down they KNOW I do even if sometimes I may be a mommy monster of unfairness.  So I will wear that crown with pride because after all I am the only princess in this castle and at least I do get to be a mommy to those 3 little monsters boys of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2011 Designs by Dana