Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My Daily Dose of Parenting

This morning didn't start out so great. I didn't feel so great and slept a little later than I should have.  The kids were ill as well.  We make it out the door and to school on time.  We say our I love you's, byes, and have a good day.  I go to pull out of the parking lot and notice the vast ocean of vehicles.  I wonder what is going on and did I miss something.  Then it hit me like a ton of bricks..CRAP!!!!!!!!! It was doughnuts for dads. Then I realize what my children must have been thinking as that exact moment.  My heart was broken.  My husband was going to go in to work late so he could go and we both forgot. So my parenting skills left a lot to be desired on this Tuesday morning. So I am on a mission to right my wrong when they get home from school.  We can either get doughnuts for home or they can have daddy breakfast on Saturday.  



On another note, bumbo seats aren't as safe as you think they are. John wiggled out of his and landed on the kitchen table. Glad the seat wasn't on the edge. And yes I know it says not to put on an elevated surface but i didn't think he could get out of it either. So, we are off to buy a highchair!!!! 

1 comment:

  1. We got rid of the bumbo this month too! Emily was constantly arching her back out of it and could nearly pop her hips out. We had ours on the counter/island too to feed her. :S

    ReplyDelete

 
© 2011 Designs by Dana