Monday, March 28, 2011

Where Is All The Money I Am Saving

So, I am trying to shop frugally.  I am desperately failing at this task.  I have tried to clip coupons and obviously this takes super power mad skills that I lack. I made my trip to Wal Mart with almost 20.00 in coupons in hand and shockingly I still walked out of the store $198.00 poorer.  I have a family of five. Four of those eat regular meals and one of those is in diapers so for what he misses in contribution to the food bill he does make up for on the "recycled" food part and diapers aren't exactly cheap now days.

So, I make my own laundry detergent and have began making lots of different things but I am not really seeing any savings.  I do manage to only go to the grocery store once every week and a half to two weeks so all in all I guess factoring that in, my grocery bill isn't too terribly bad.  I just expect to be able to share in the joy like all the others who purchase 300.00 worth of goods and only pay 10 or 20 dollars for it. I must be missing out on the secret to all this shopping glory.

So if any of you know this magic secret, please let me in on it!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, man I feel ya!! Have you seen the show extreme couponing? I think it's on tlc. I wish I could do that! It's crazy. I hate how expensive everything is getting and I have a feeling is just going to get worse. :(

    ReplyDelete

 
© 2011 Designs by Dana