Friday, December 17, 2010

Good things

Lots of good (great) things have been happening in the past week or so.  John has started rolling over although I think that can be a good or kind of sad thing if I sit and think about it.  He seems to be growing at a much higher rate of speed than my first two boys.  I would say that I was able to get my Christmas decorations up, but my house has been all Christmasey since before Thanksgiving.  I was so excited to put everything up but I think I will wait a little longer next year because by the time Christmas is almost here, the decorations have kind of sank into the backdrop of the living room.  Ok, back to the good things.  My fish tank stopped leaking thank goodness.  I really did not want to loose that quite expensive investment.  I got to spend time with work friends.  I quit my job before I had John and they were kind enough to invite me to the office Christmas party.  My employers as well as my co-workers always were more like a family to me anyway.  We got to spend quality time together as a family and ride around looking at Christmas lights.  I always love taking my children Christmas shopping for their daddy and let them pick out gifts for him although sometimes I do have to do a little persuading because daddy doesn't necessarily need some of the things that they think would be great ideas i.e. toys for them but disguising them as gifts for dad.

As many of you know, my dear friend Dana Sears, whose button for Mason is on my blog has been needing funding for Mason's medical supplies and respite care. They have been trying so hard and for so long and today we received the news that THEY GOT IT!!!! Hooray.  Best Christmas gift ever. Also, Annabelle who is also a button on my blog has been moved to the 6th floor from ICU and is doing pretty well.  Continue praying she will continue on that road and hopefully, God willing, be home by Christmas.

Isaac said something to me the other day that made my heart smile.  He said "Home is the best place ever. Even better than Kangaroo Jakes." (Kangaroo Jakes is a local play place full of giant inflatables and video games).  I was so glad that he considers our home such a good place to be and it also made me think of all the less fortunate children who are living in hate and terror filled homes.

Oh, and in the midst of all this goodness, Kody did catch a stomach bug and I had to clean vomit more than once. But other than that, it was wonderful in the middle of dirty diapers, kids fighting, baby not sleeping, laundry needs doing, house needs cleaning that is my awesome life!

2 comments:

  1. Great news!and I LOVE your new background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Wish I could find a quilt with this pattern :)

    ReplyDelete

 
© 2011 Designs by Dana